Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What's in a name??

Many people have been asking me how we came up with Bella June as her name, so I thought I'd share it on the blog.

After we found out about her cleft lip/palate, both of us felt so deeply that we wanted her to know - amidst all the struggles she may experience or weird stares - that her Mommy and Daddy thinks she's the most beautiful girl in all the world. Thus, Bella (Italian for beautiful) stuck out to us over any other name and just seemed to be a perfect fit.

We struggled to find a middle name that fit (harder than one would think!), and one person jokingly asked what month she was conceived in to use as a name. Well, December wasn't exactly what we were looking for, but that led me to think of our anniversary month, June. It seemed perfect, as she is a product of our love and devotion to one another. We both loved it and the meaning that it holds.

So there you have it! Bella June Fugler.

7 comments:

Kate said...

its perfect!

Emily Takes Photos said...

I thought the name was cute, in and of itself, but it's meaning is so powerful, you couldn't have picked a better name!

But you should name your next child Emily. ;) j/k

Our Life Together said...

I love it, it's so beautiful. :)

liz oelker said...

oh that is too cute! i love it even more now!

Tim and Melissa McBee said...

Ahh - I was wondering about June. I was thinking she was named after someone. I LOVE IT!!! Creative, thoughtful, meaningful...I expected nothing less from the two of you!! Well, if I haven't said it enough already, she is beautiful. I wish I could give her a squeeze, so you'll have to give her one for me.

Tim and Melissa McBee said...

Oh, and Jenny, you look fabulous! You know how people talk about the "pregnancy glow." I think you have the "mommy glow."

Anonymous said...

I love the sentiment of knowing the meaning of Bella's name!! What a precious gift you gave to her before you even met your beauty.

I love you and can't wait to meet Bella.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...