Tuesday, February 17, 2009

bella's Russian "ushanka"

Well, at least that is what the beanie looked like before I put that cute, little fabric posy on it: a Russian fur ushanka. But, I have to admit, my little model makes pretty much anything look cute, no matter how badly Mommy messed up in her knitting.

Bella has been wearing tons of caps lately, as the weather is still quite frigid in the Midwest and she still has no hair to speak of. I dressed her in an outfit recently that had black in it, but alas! no black beanie in her hat drawer! Shame! So, I had to make her one. Yet, with no real pattern, too chunky yarn, and my impatience, it turned out alright. A friend of my sister's sells these precious little flowers and they spice up any outfit or accessory.

Ta-da!

9 comments:

Joy. said...

that is PRECIOUS - I want one!

Cassie said...

She's adorable! And the hat is fantastic!

Emily said...

i think your hat turned out well. our babies are always forgiving of our handcrafted things...the first baby blanket i made was about the size of a tissue. they're always cute, though!

Michelle said...

Aww what a cutie!

THE WHITTINGTONS said...

she looks great! and oh, so cute! hope you all are doing well.

Kate said...

darling! and the photos look great...you must have a nice camera :)

Joanie said...

Big baby eyes. Captivating. Great picture. The hat is so cute as well.

Shannon said...

What a little dolly! And might I say with quite a talented Mommy...despite what you may think. I just have never picked up the knack for knitting. Now sewing on the other hand is quite fun :) BTW, I almost cried watching the little video of Bella in her jumpy thing. Such cute little brown legs, and petite little feet....oh so cute!!!

Gregory Jeffrey said...

she is BEAUTIFUL!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...