Wednesday, June 10, 2009

three

Image by ChristanP Photography

A Poem for My Chosen Love

Sorrow, pain and trials very near:
Our arduous third year has cost us many tears.
Yet we chose - yes, God enabled
us- to persevere.


And, as we enter our fourth year,
The light can look so dim.
"What is lurking behind those shadows?"
Nay! We must only look to Him.


May Year Four be the cord
That binds us to our faithful Lord.
A threefold cord is broken naught,
yet prevails against the storm.

9 comments:

Joanie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

Happy Happy Anniversary my dear friend! I cannot believe it has been three years since that eventful summer--I distinctly remember the train ride from LA to San Luis---I couldn't believe I was on my way to your wedding and in two weeks would be standing at the altar of my very own!--how young we were and with no idea how life would grow and change us through our marriages ...God is so faithful:)

Kali said...

Beautiful poem, Jenny. And congrats on your anniversary - may this year bring rest and more love than you could ever imagine.

Mama Mote said...

Very nice, Jenny. You know just where to keep focused. Thanks for sharing your life with us. God bless you and Trav on your anniversary. Have fun.

Kate said...

Jenny! That is an amazing poem. It is hard for me to stand so far away and not be able to help in some way. I love you so much and it I ache for your hurts. You both are in my prayers. I love you adn your heart. P.S. Amazing picture!!

Liv said...

I know this sounds dumb but I could have sworn this is your third anniversary?

Liv said...

sorry you did say it was your third- but you say your going into your third year - havent you just completed your third year and your going into your fourth? I don't know why Im confused- Any way- A very beautiul picture of your two! I'm sorry we ended up calling so late last night there was a sign on our table all day "Travis and Jenny's" anniversary today- i hope you did something sweet together! Much love- Hope you got our card and bellas toy.
Liv

Kristen said...

I was thinking the same thing, lol. If it's your 3rd anniversary, wouldn't you be entering your 4th year? Ha ha, oh well, happy anniversary!!

jenny said...

There! I changed the wording for all you crazy people. "As we enter our FOURTH year..." Y'all think too hard. :-)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...