... it pours!! Last night, Trav and I both woke up to some furious thunder and lightning and it's been going off and on all day today. Kinda fun, but not so fun when you PULL A MUSCLE IN YOUR BACK first thing in the morning (YES, that would be ME, today!) and Daddy has need of the one car all day, thus leaving your stranded with a one year old in the house. Ya, it was kinda a hard day... but we had fun nonetheless. Making forts out of pillows, making a mess all over the house, snacking, napping, playing with toys, and I even let her go play in the puddles when the rain took a break. She liked it until she realized she was all wet... then she began to cry and trying to crawl up my leg. Warm bath time!

We leave to travel to the Children's Hospital tomorrow for Bella's palate surgery on Thursday. Ugh. This surgery has been looming ahead for so long and I've been dreading it, especially the last couple weeks. My heart has felt so sick and heavy at the prospect of what most people call "the most difficult surgery." I don't know if it's because I know what's coming, or I feel more attached to Bella at this age, or
what! but I feel so anxious. Every night, tears have been present just thinking about handing her to the physicians. And if someone broaches the subject, I nearly start crying. Anxiety is usually not a disposition I'm prone to have, so I know I must offer all my worries and fears to my Maker and Bella's Maker and trust Him to give me peace. I know that the palate surgery will be good in the end, but often I just wish we could
leave Bella alone and allow her to be as is. She is so happy and perfect to me, I wish there wasn't so many necessary changes that have to be made to my little Dolly.
Enough about that. I will leave you with a picture of our little lass eating a chocolate chip cookie tonight. She kept making circles in the house - going from one room to the next, chomping on that cookie. She was as happy as a lark... definitely takes after me when it comes to chocolate!
9 comments:
It's neither of those things...it's because you are a mommy and your heart is forever changed because of it. I'm all teary eyed thinking about you and your beautiful little girl. I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you on Thursday. Please be sure to update asap.
I remember how you told us a year ago that she was perfectly formed, and I couldn't agree more. It is so difficult to think of taking a perfectly healthy little person and making her hurt. I'll be praying for you all. I had no idea this surgery was so named. Not very fun for a parent to think about, I can imagine.
Bella, Trav, and you will be in my prayers on Thurs. Love the cute pics of her playing in the puddles. :) And who wouldn't be happy with chocolate? She is going to do great and God is going to give you the strength you need to get over each obstacle along the way. Keep us updated when you can. Wish there was more I could do then just praying, but know that you are being lifted up to our almighty maker for strength and peace.
Will be praying for you all on Thursday (and before). You'll get through this, too. I'm with Jeannett...teary eyed. Love you guys so much.
We are praying Jenny...hope the birthday was fun...and hope yours was too:) We miss you guys and love you all dearly--Bella is a beautiful one-year-old...I bet she and Jonas would have a blast now that she is walking--they could run around together and get into trouble:)
we'll be thinking about you 3 this week!
We're praying for you guys! And, I love the mud-puddle pictures :-)
Hi sweets, I love you so much and my swwet bella girl. my heart is with you three and so is daddy's.
Today is surgery day, and I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you often, and praying for your strength as a Mommy and Travis as the Daddy handing over your sweet baby. God's going to protect her, and I'll specifically be praying for the surgeon's hands. Can't wait to hear the good news of a successful surgery!
Post a Comment