Wednesday, January 20, 2010

stylin' tips

Alright, all you crafty ladies out there! I need some help (since my mother and sister live too far away...):

See this adorable fruit-basket-hangy-thing?? The yellow was what clinched the deal. That, and the $1.49 sticker at GoodWill. Looks so vintagey!

Well, it's also a hangy-thing (as previously mentioned). And while I love the idea of hanging it somewhere, so as not to take up counter space... my kitchen isn't so "hangy-friendly."

Here's a snapshot of my kitchen (in the form of a collage, since my camera doesn't do panaroma shots. :-) See?? No place to really hang it without it getting in my face! Or walking straight into it.

But, here's my thought... hang a hook out of the ceiling right where this arrow is... and it'll kinda dangle about the bar strip. Whaddya think? Nay? Yea? Any other ideas?


10 comments:

Kate said...

yeah id hang it there maybe a bit more centered on the middle of the side of the high cupboard. or will it be too close to the stove flames? you could just pull it away from the stove 6 inches or so. or you could do it right next to the high left cupboard by your window. a bit over the sink. or would it hang too low and get in the way of dish washing? good luck!

Kate said...

how did the appt. go this morn.?

Jennifer Rebecca said...

That' exactly where I was going to say...you pointed it right out!

Emily Takes Photos said...

Same here, that's what I thought of when before I saw the pic with the arrow.

Anonymous said...

too bad you couldn't hang each basket individually under the cupboards? Or cut off the bottom one and still hang over the window (if that helps make it not too long?)

Joy Howse said...

before I even saw the arrow pics that is where I was thinking. :)

Rini said...

That is also where there was a hook in our house. And it was a great spot for my plant, until it died.

Liv said...

not sure- I think you have the best idea so far. If you still want to use it but not in the kitchen you could hang it in the bathroom with all of bella's bows and a few nice soaps too. I had one of those in mississippi and LOVED it! So nice for saving counter space.

Kristen Borland said...

yep, that's exactly where i'd put it.

Mama Mote said...

What a crack-up. I just bought one of those hanging baskets, too, only at Target. I had a thought for where I wanted it, then realized I don't think I want fruit hanging in the sun. So, where the small table is in our kitchen, above that seems most logical. Our ceilings are a bit high, but I think we'll add a chain to bring it down just a little. And you did pick a good place; just what I was thinking, too. hugs

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...