The girls each got a sticker for finding the eggs and both decided the best place to put them would be on their foreheads. Naturally.
The Easter Bunny hopped on over for a visit, and while both girls were rather timid on their own, holding hands seemed to help a bit - until they got too close. Quick, forced hugs were sufficient.
A park was nearby and we meandered over, waiting until the last possible minute for the awful weather to set in and push us inside. The girls enjoyed a swing ride together - seriously, they were in that thing for 30+ minutes! And completely content... Lindsey and I decided it could be our new babysitting technique.
The dad's *might* have been getting a little bored just watching the kids swing and chit-chatting, so a friendly competition arose. Swing Jumping. You know, the thing you do in third grade and then get in trouble for by the yard duty? Ya... Well, Travis was winning for the most part, but at the very end, Rob came back and beat him. I think they jumped a total of 136 times. Each. Here's a quick video, just in case you were curious what grown military men look like at this serious sport:







6 comments:
LOL, I just posted about our Easter egg hunt. Your bunny was way less creepy looking than ours. Swing jumping is awesome!
funny! hey how old is allie? when do they have to leave? who was that who was pushing the girls?? she had an accent. love you.
Allie is 9 months older than Bella (so, 2 and three months). Rob's mom was pushing the girls. She's Austrailian. Cool accent, eh?
I think stickers on the forehead is universal. The refugee kids I have worked with ALL put the stickers on their forehead without prompting. Where did that come from? Have enjoyed you way with words. Keep up the stories.
i love it,
especially the "new Olympic sport"
call the international Olympic Committee right away, I think Travis is going for the GOLD -
how sweet for Bella to have a great friend, Happy Easter (Resurrection Sunday) to you all !!
Oh. My. Word. That is so unreal, its crazy. Wow...lol
Post a Comment