Sunday, March 14, 2010

weekend


*sigh* My wonderful husband just left to go do the grocery shopping for me.  Bella is napping, and I have an hour to myself in a blissfully quiet home.  I detest grocery shopping.  List of my three worst chores (from worst to least-worst):
1. Mopping floors
2. Grocery shopping
3. Cleaning bathrooms (tubs, in particular)

I've been busily up to nothing.  You know how that goes... I can't for the life of me remember what filled my day, but by the end of it, I'm exhausted.  Here are a couple of things that have been filling my time, though:

1. Friday night, Trav and I had our "rearranging-date night."  We rearranged our living room to create a play area for Bella and a more open space in the center of the room.  As always, I was in a bad mood and ready to give up just 20 minutes into the ordeal, but he made me push through and I ended up loving the results.  Our new layout even makes me love my green wall again.   *phew*


2.  I picked up some fabric in the remnant pile at Hancock Fabrics to cover those nasty pillows on the couch. An off-white, textured fabric - and I'm using this pattern.  Never done anything like it, but it sounds fairly simple.  I'll finish those tonight (hopefully).

3.  A dear friend of mine had her second baby on Friday morning.  A boy.  I'm hurriedly trying to whip up some infant hats for him before the weather turns too warm.  So much fun to have someone to knit for!


4.  And of course, Bella dear.  I love this picture of her because it encapsulates her personality completely:


~ on top of a table - she's always busy climbing or scaling the heights of anything vertical
~ her toes wrapped around the edge of the table - a daredevil at heart... she loves to push the limits
~ one pant-leg up and one down - crazy, mess of a child (today she informed me that she did NOT want to wear a dress to church today, but would rather wear her day-old, dirty jeans in the hamper.  I did not allow that, much her to and Travis' dismay.)
~ peering/searching for her belly button - she loves to find that thing... always looking for it and always thrilled when she discovers it yet again.

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

Kate said...

what an absolutely fantastic weekend!! I wish I coulda been there with you. I love you and your family so much! thinking of you often.

Joanie said...

Darling couch by the green wall and window. Love that look with the curtains.

Bella is so cute! This makes me smile again and again.

Katie Lyn said...

Jenny, HELLO! :)
Okay, so I'm out of the closet: I love your blog...
...and I absolutely LOVE that pillow pattern! It's actually on my list of "To Tackle" projects from the amazing blog you linked.

God bless!

Huber said...

Jenny, if you are up to making another beanie, Josiah appears to have grown out of all of his winter hats and being in SD I think it will be winter awhile longer and need to go buy one but if you are in the mood to knit one up for him I wouldn't argue :)

Miss you dear friend!

Kristen Borland said...

i love how you describe bella's personality using this picture. i love it when babies discover their belly buttons! lola loves hers, but she can only find it by touch. i don't think she can see it bellow her big ol' round belly.

Brent and Holly said...

That is a darling picture of Bella's belly!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...