Thursday, June 17, 2010

tid bits

  • I found this little treasure at the thrift store yesterday:
... for $3.  She ooh-ed and ahhh-ed when I presented it to her and promptly said, "Buy it, Mama?"
Bought it, we did, and every baby and stuffed animal has enjoyed a scrumptious feast - ranging from crayons to pieces of mulch from outside.

(Yes, the Frankenstein, ex-Halloween bag is her crayon holder purse.  She loves it, too.)

  • I just attempted my first batch at homemade granola.  Trav's been begging me to make some ever since he tasted my mom's recipe our first year of marriage.  I found a recipe in a magazine and was reminded of my wifely duties.  So, I just pulled it out of the oven and my kitchen smells glorious, if I do say so myself!

  • The four days that Trav and Bella spent together has bonded them eternally.  From the time she gets up til the time he comes home from work, I hear the phrase, "Where KaEe go?" about 20,547 times.  And when he does finally arrive home, after his gruelingly LONG stressful days... not much could make him feel more appreciated than a pair of chubby, tan legs running as fast as they can into his arms, shouting "YAYAYAY!!! KaEE!!!!"
  • We met with the Speech Therapist yesterday and she was blown away by Bella's progress.  She said that Bella is ahead of the curve in every way and doing so well.  "You have a smart young lady on your hands," were her exact words.  I told Trav that I'm never quite sure how to respond when I hear those things.  Part Most of me wants to grin like a silly schoolgirl and tell the whole world how smart my baby is... but then, I don't want to appear like one of those foolish mothers that claim their child is a genius, at age 1.  :-)  But, I am proud, in a happy, full-heart sort of way.  She's come a long way.

7 comments:

Tim and Melissa McBee said...

Good for Bella! And I love that little high chair is the perfect little toy...so cute!

Karisa said...

What a find! Love that highchair!

Michelle said...

I think you have every right to be a giddy schoolgirl! Bella's talking more than Keagan and Keagan is older! haha :)

Joy Howse said...

Such a cute find! You should be very proud of you smart young lady. But, watch out! Those smart young ladies (men in my case) grow up and get smarter and smarter and are hard to keep up with. :) Aiden i *fear* is going to be the smartest of the bunch, already knowing his ABCs and sounds by 2 without me even teaching them to him, though everything is the color red or green so we know he won't be an interior designer. :) Hooray for the growth!! Keep up the good work Bella and Mama!

Priscilla Rynning said...

I too love that little high chair - I got an old school desk for my granddaughter (the one from the REALLY OLD schools that were nailed to the floor and the person in front of you was sitting on the bench part attached to your desk part :-D )FREE - it was sitting in my parents entry and they are moving out of their HUGE house to a REALLY S.M.A.L.L apt.

Miss James's Diary said...

:) <-----That's all.

tclark said...

Can you share your granola recipe?

Also, you have every right to be proud of your sweet girl! It's okay to be "one of those moms" :-)I know I am!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...