Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Estes, Sept. '10



We got to Estes on Bella's birthday.  Pooped from driving, we just surveyed the YMCA premises (which are gorgeous!) and relaxed.  There were parks for children and frisbee golf and mini golf available (all to my husband's delight), so we weren't at a want of things to do.


We were able to take hikes in the Rocky Mountains, which was stunning, to put it simply.  The mountains are so glorious, so magnificent, so endless.... to think that there are acres and acres of uninhabited space out there is mind-blowing.  The mountains point me to God more than anything else.  I love feeling little and unimportant while in the mountains... it puts me in the right mindset... Do you know what I'm saying??  Not in a self-abasing way, but in a "this-is-reality" sort of way - I am truly so small and unimportant in the grand scheme of things, YET He loves me and died for me and LIVES for me.  So awesome.



We were able to take a couple of good hikes and Bella did awesome.  Well, Trav did awesome, as he carried her on his back most of the way.  But every now and then, she'd ask to get down and she was in her element.  Jumping off rocks, climbing them, exclaiming how "HUGE and Boo-ih-ful!" the mountains were... she was just as in love as we were.



The lakes we came across were picturesque.  I almost hate taking pictures on trips like these, because there's NO.WAY that the camera is able to even capture a fracture of what I'm seeing behind the lens.




All in all, we enjoyed our time outside immensely.  The weather was perfect, the sky endless, and the mountains majestic.  Bella bonded with her Daddy once again and we all were able to relax.  There were no TV's in our sleeping accommodations, which allowed us to play games, talk, and read to one another.  A plus in every which way.




We hope to go back after Baby is born... maybe next fall??  Maybe make a family reunion out of it... who knows... I just know I can't go too long without being in those beloved peaks.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures, looks like it was a wonderfully refreshing getaway for you guys! :)

Joy. said...

so glad to hear you had a wonderful time!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...