Monday, September 20, 2010

a lovely weekend

What fun it is when family gets together!!  Seriously!  My aunt and mom both visited this weekend, and while my aunt had to leave today (*tear*), I still get to keep my mom for TWO MORE WEEKS.  Ahhhh... All of us are eating up this time together.

The weekend was a busy one, filled with FOOD, outdoor time, laughter, knitting, chatting, eating, laughing...


B kept us laughing and really was a sweet girl to all... gotta love it when your children behave and make life easier and sweeter.  She is more than loving having Mimi around to read more books and take more walks and sneak more treats out of.

As for the food, we made some delicious meals together.  I have have have to mention this one in particular:

FIRE ROASTED ARTICHOKES

And while I'm a sucker for artichokes in any style, I usually just steam them and eat them whole.  We came across this recipe at this blog and it was TO DIE FOR.  Literally.  Oooohhhh so good.  We grilled some chicken breasts along with it, added a fruit salad and called it a meal.  Healthy, delicious, and new.  We raved for hours about it afterwards.  Ooh, I love artichokes!  Try it out before fall sets in...

That's all for now folks... happy new week!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

How exciting to have your mom with you! My mom just flew in last night and is staying with us for 2 weeks too! Such a special and treasured time! :)

jenny said...

Michelle! I thought your mom LIVED in AZ!

Katie&Greg said...

I absolutely LOVE Ourbestbites.com

I use their website all the time for fun new recipes! I can't wait to try this one out. Artichokes are my fav!

Kristen Borland said...

ooo, i've tried bbq-ed artichoke at mclintocks at farmers. i never thought to try it at home. sounds yummy!

Michelle said...

They moved back to Minnesota :(. My dad's new job didn't work out and they moved back in August. We miss them so much, but I'm so thankful my mom can come out to visit us for such a long time! :)

tclark said...

I've never had an artichoke... It sounds like I'm missing out!

Betsy said...

yummy to my tummy. we haven't seen any artichokes out in east Asia. jen, will you post some pics of mimi too? i'm dying to see her as well. maybe some group shots? love you guys!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...