Thank you all for your helpful tips and insight on Mission: Eating Healthier. Not going to lie... it seems like a lot of work, and with me being pregnant, knowing I won't be able to shed a pound until this baby is born, I'm not too eager to change my eating habits. Buuuut, I will endeavor to change at least for a month (until the PT test is over) and I'll make another evaluation afterwards. All those pretty fruits and veggies do brighten up my kitchen and seem to proclaim, "Potential! Potential! Potential!", thus urging me to discover their yumminess.
(I don't know why I need to include this picture, except for the fact that
I love her little legs, and feet, and curls, and everything...)
Like I was saying, tomorrow marks the start of a three-day weekend for our family of three. And a half. And I was excited. Because we were planning on visiting the pumpkin patch. And eating at a friend's house. And being outside (because it's still in the 80's and the Fall-Rebel inside of me is rejoicing). Because this will be Trav's first weekend home in four weekends. But then, when Trav drug his weary self through the door last night, my heart sunk. Because he looked awful. And when his first words were, "I think I'm sick," my selfish heart became indignant and mad, because Gosh Darn It! I Want A Weekend!! And then, last night as I lay awake because of Trav's shivering and feverish sleep, and because of a kicking baby, and because my hiney was sore from working out for the first time in a week... my heart was telling itself to Buck up, and enjoy the weekend anyway, because, after all, it is in the 80's outside, and Trav is home, and Bella is a sweetheart. And so is the baby who is killing my ribs.
Speaking of Bella, during the past week, she has begun telling Travis and myself that she loves us - all on her own with no prompting. She'll fling her arms around my leg or neck, press her soft cheek against mine, and say, "I wuh you, Mama. I wuh you!" and squeeze me as hard as she can. I'm pretty sure that Trav and I feel like kings and queens after each and every one of these episodes.
P.S. Bonus points to anyone who can tell me the correct time from the clock in the background of this last picture! Click to enlarge...







6 comments:
12:21?
this is killing me because for the life of me I can't find the clock...ahhh.
K Tanna, I'll help you out. The clock is those bright colorful lights in the background...
11:41 i can i resist when i know the secret. i wuh you too
Good job, Ma. :-)
wait... i don't get it. is your clock really like that?
Post a Comment