Monday, November 15, 2010

good ol' days

DAY 6: A PHOTO THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH


I was an RA/ARD my sophomore/junior year of college.  At the commencement of every year, there was the Leader's Challenge.  Where each staff had to put together some sort of skit, song, dance, etc. to hopefully impress the judges and win the Paddle!!!  It's traditions like these that make life fun.

My junior year, we meant business.  We wanted that PADDLE!!  And in order to do so, we knew we needed cute outfits, a good dance/skit, and perfect hair.  The ladies with long hair (half the girls on our staff) decided to loosely curl each strand to create a head full of lovely ringlets.  And the girls with short hair decided to tie our strands in rags the night before the Leader's Challenge, in order to create a Shirley Temple-like do.  Mm-hmm... Shirley Temple.

Except my day was super busy the day of the Leader's Challenge.  I had class all day, then work for a few hours, and then I had to race over to the challenge.  Which meant I had to be ready for the challenge before work.  Speeding home in between classes ending and work beginning, I began taking the rags from my hair.  Staring in horror at my reflection in the mirror, I quickly called Amy and screamed, "What have you done to me!!!!!!!"

Oh well... the rest of the "rag ladies" were freaking out as well, for atop our heads was no Shirley-Temple do.  I sucked it up, went to work (which was the campus LIBRARY!), even took my picture for my student ID the next year, laughed it off and proceeded to the Leader's Challenge --- where we WON THE PADDLE.


Ahhh, the good ol' days... where crazy was normal and hair was everything.  

4 comments:

Kali said...

I'm loving this photo-challenge and decided to join myself. Thanks for the inspiration! Also, I always so enjoy your stories from college. The way you talk about the "good 'ol days" is exactly how I seem to remember mine as well. I actually just asked Dan last week if he thought we could move back to the dorms...he didn't think that sounded like such a bad idea :-)

asvdw said...

I was really hoping this would be the photo that made you laugh... because this photo makes me laugh out loud. I can still remember the phone call. The batons make me laugh too. All of it. What great days those were.

Jennifer Rebecca said...

I LOVE this! It makes me miss Carissa and Krisi especially! They worked in the Ticket Office with me.

I joined the challenge to, Jenny!

P.S.- I found a picture of you in the NWC wedding preview book. I'll find it on the nwc website and Facebook it to you.

Dacia said...

love this!! and i'm loving the photo challenge too...but i'm not sure i'm motivated enough to do it every day, so i'm hesitant. i may join you. :-)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...