Tuesday, December 14, 2010

word of the day


di·late

  [dahy-leyt, di-, dahy-leyt]verb, -lat·ed, -lat·ing.


–verb (used with object)

1.
to make wider or larger; cause to expand.
2.
Archaic to describe or develop at length.


Praise the Lord!!  I'm dilated 3 cm!!  Had my 38-week check up and my OB says things are moving along just fine.  He wouldn't be surprised if she came any time now.  Okay, I know I'm just jinxing myself by posting this, and now she'll be 2 weeks late... but, I can't help myself.  I'm ecstatic.  Trav says this is the happiest he's heard me in 9 months.  :-)

Ummm... I'm ashamed to admit this, but I totally have always spelled/pronounced "dilate", di-A-late.  Now, I have seen my errors and will turn from my ways.  Di-late.  

In other news, this little lady of ours is MORE than ready to be a big sister.  She can't wait for the baby to "crawl out of Mama" (something like that...) and she also talks about rocking and feeding the baby many times during the day.  I'm ready to see her rise to the occasion.  I'm ready for these girls to become friends.  


And... in other news... just because I'm near to popping and these life situations call for a bit o' fun every now and then...

... I dyed my hair pink.  Just a couple "peek-a-boo" strips on either side.  Because, after all, I'm having a girl and I'm celebrating!!  I may be a mother of two, but I'm only 26 and plus, my mom says it looks "Wicked"! 
---------------
Post Script:  Trav came home and noticed it right away.  He smiled funny and made me turn around a couple times.  Then he said, "I like it!  It gives you even MORE sass!  All we need now is some leather jackets and we can hop on a Harley and get outta here!"  :-)  That's what I'm talking about... 

10 comments:

Joy. said...

I'm so excited I'm so excited! Praying for as much comfort as possible in what are (hopefully) the last days. BTW my mom loved the deep & wide bella video because I used to sing that good ol Sunday school standard like a broken record too :)

Janet said...

wild pink locks !!
you go girl

Carrie Haughey said...

Yay for dilation!! Come on baby, let's go! It's not too cold out, mommy will bundle you all nice and warm, you would be a great early Christmas present!

I used to say it that way too, still do sometimes, eh.

Love the hair! Super sassy!!

If only babies would gently crawl out, that would be nice...

Kate said...

Jenny, you're weird. pink?? wow. i wonder what trav will say. he'll probably like it. :) can't wait to meet your little sunshine!! go jump on a trampoline or something and she'll come soon! love ya j.

Emily Takes Photos said...

You're so close! Very excited for you and the family. And I love the pink!

Shannon said...

YAY!!! You deserve it after all :) And uh...totally wasn't expecting the pink!! Way to be brave--don't know if I could do it. But, then again, ask me in 3 months.

Karisa said...

Jenny, you're so awesome. I'll be checking often for baby news now!!! Happy birthing!

Michelle said...

1. Love the hair! I wish I was that brave!
2. SO excited for you that you're dilating!!!
3. Bella's curls look so cute and LONG!
4. I can't wait to hear baby news!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh baby number two is almost here! Crazy! I bet your so excited to have her out of you and in your arms. I'm already at that stage. I just want to hold my baby! And the hair is actually very cute and you pull it off very well!

Shannon said...

I love your hair! It's edgy. By the way, I blog stalk you from Paige's blog. I think you guys are such a cute family.

You should come by and enter my giveaway today: livingwiththelowrys.blogspot.com.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...