I have two "M" words for ya: Mastitis & Medicine. Let's start with the first "M" word, shall we?
Mastitis: Oh.My.Owie. Yep, came down with this lovely infection yesterday morning. My day wasn't complete without a 102 fever, chills, nausea, and an incredible amount of pain. Got worse through the night, which forced my husband to take the morning off of work to care for our girls. It was terrible. I would never wish that on anyone. Which brings me to my next "M" word...
Medicine: I called my OB this morning and the dear man listened to my symptoms and called in antibiotics for me. I've only taken two doses today, but I'm already feeling better. The fever has broken, I was able to take an hour and a half nap this afternoon, and although I'm still slow and achey, I can feel my health coming back. Growing up with a pharmacist for a father, I've never been opposed to medicine, but it's certain that in times like these, I love the darn stuff.
Medicine, pt. 2: While Trav took the girls to the local pharmacy, they also picked me up other "medicines." Like some "Trojan" roses:
(Trojan, because the colors are Cardinal and Gold, like USC Trojans...) :-)
And Bella came tromping in from the car, flung this packet on my lap and said, "Mama! We got your medicine!!" Enjoy the clip.
(And yes, that's a huge tub of candy that Trav's opening...)
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





22 comments:
Trojan roses huh! That just cracked me up. You USC fans are really die hards. I've come to realize this after marrying into a USC family. "V for Victory" and "M" for medicine! Ha! Mastitis is horrible. I'm glad you're on the upswing. Hope it doesn't take too long.
Oh my gosh that video is hilarious. She was freaking out. haha. What was Travis opening? A huge tub of candy? Nice. That would definitely be Jason if he went to the store. Feel better soon. I'm sure your "medicine" will do wonders! ;)
That girl cracks me up, love the video! Wishing you a quick recovery!
Oh that is hysterical. Funny because when I was a little girl, I would ask my mom for chocolate when I didn't "feel good." I guess it "made me all better." We girls learn early don't we? :)
ok. i was crying from laughing so hard from that video!!! travis couldn't stop laughing either. what a great vid! i CAN'T WAIT TO COME OUT AND SEE HER!!!!
Super cute Jenny! Glad you have some good "doctors" to bring you the perfect medicine!
Thats the best medicine of all: chocolate, flowers, and a precious baby girl :)
OH MY GOSH! This video is ADORABLY HILARIOUS! Totally made my morning!
Also, I think almost every new mom I know has had mastitis or some sort of breast infection (myself included) within the first month or so of nursing. PAINFUL! Those 'ladies' go through a lot, especially in the beginning when they're learning what to do! So, thankfully the meds are working (ALL of them ;) and you'll be better before you know it!
Now that's my kind of medicine! Hope you're already feeling much much better. I would write more, but Caroline is sitting here demanding "more! more!" video of Bella, so I guess we'll go watch it again :-)
Cuuuute! She's such a hoot!
Hilarious!
Oh wow, that video is great! Leave it to us girls to get THAT excited over chocolate/candy. Love it! :)
I really, truly don't mean to be the downer here...but my ONLY concern would be if she ever happened to be unattended around REAL medicine...I wouldn't want her thinking it was safe to eat. Just throwing that out there. When we were kids, my 3 year old cousin got into a jar of ibuprofen b/c they looked like M & M candy to her :(
love bella's excitement at the end of the video!! too cute! sorry about the mastitis...from what i've heard about it from all my friends who have gotten it, it seems miserable!! so glad the meds are helping!!
So glad you're already feeling better! But Bella is TOO cute & I love that you shared her excitement for us to enjoy. Nice that Daddy needed his "own" medicine too ;) Love you guys!
Dido to what everyone else said...but, really I just want to see a close up pic of that corner behind the couch! You've been rearranging I see :) I like that triple sign thing hanging next to those flowers...and that bookcase Bella's standing next to needs a close-up too. I don't think I saw it finished! Can you tell where my mind has been lately?? :)
Kristen -
I thought someone might be concerned. I mean, she IS raving about medicine. :-) My brother did the same thing (eat medicine b/c he thought it was candy) when he was little and got very sick.
Anyways, we explained to her that it's not really medicine... :-) But thanks for the concern... :-)
The video clip totally made my day. What a cutie! She was so excited for her "medicine." Travis did a good job!
My sister came down with mastitis right before she came to visit. I never had it, but from her description (and now yours) I pray I never do! So sorry, hope the medicine (both kinds;) are helping!
So adorable! Will and I are both giggling. Glad to hear you're feeling better, and I think it's true what they say, "laughter is the medicine" of all!
I love the video. I've had a long week and Bellas excitement was just the medicine I needed to brighten my night!! Thanks for sharing. Praying for your health tonight.
medicine is the best - chocolate and mint, my favorite also
save some medecine for mimi!
first, i'm sorry you are going through that!! but, this video is awesome. just love it! bella, you kill me with your cuteness.
Post a Comment