Friday, March 4, 2011

booties

I've been a mite obsessed over knitting these booties as of late.  They're quick and simple and now that I have the pattern memorized, I can knit anywhere.


My favorite part about the booties??  They actually fit and stay on the baby's feet!  Those of you with younguns know how difficult it is to find a pair of booties/shoes/socks that stay on the child's feet to keep them warm, especially these poor winter babies.  


So, half my friends are pregnant and/or having babies, and I've been knitting like a fiend, pumping these pretties out right and left.  Love giving homemade gifts and love knowing they'll be useful.  I made Summer some before she was born and she models them proudly nearly every day... along with those adorable thighs.


If you're a knitter, I'm attaching the pattern as a PDF file.  I would give credit where credit is due, but I honestly have no idea where the pattern originated... so know it's not from my own bitty brain.  Click here for the Knitted Booties pattern.

10 comments:

Sarah Helfinstine said...

Those booties are a.dor.a.ble. Sadly, the only thing I know about knitting is that it involves yarn and knitting needles. And yes, poor winter babies and their cold feet! Abby does okay keeping her left sock on, but not so much the right one...hmmm.

Melissa said...

Boy, it's all Greek to me!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, those booties are ADORABLE!!! I love the ones that Summer is wearing! I know what you mean -- we have tons of cute booties from when Keagan was little that I plan on using with this little guy...but we'll see how well they stay on his feet! My grandma knitted a pair for Keagan and they stayed on the best!

Emily Takes Photos said...

So cute!!! Thanks for sharing the pattern; I haven't done any knitting in a long time, but I think I might take a crack at these!

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

I want some:) These are wonderful! I love the little pom poms on Summer's booties too. We need to talk soon! I want to come visit you:)

Dacia said...

cute cute cute! you are so talented my friend!

Mama Mote said...

Homemade things are awesome and those booties are so cute! Wish I was expecting a baby...well....not really. But maybe in the future when Liz and Gregg start their family, I'll call you. :)

Amy said...

those are so cute! you're so crafty and talented!

Kali said...

Adorable! I especially love Summer's modeling job :)

Priscilla Rynning said...

LOVE these little booties, Jenny! I tried to print the pattern, but it only printed the title. Could you email it to me?

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...