Well, today I goofed. I was supposed to start something come May. But May just kinda jumped in and surprised me... so, I'll start tomorrow.
NO SUGAR. FOR THE WHOLE MONTH OF MAY (except today). BAHHHH....
For those of you who don't know me personally, I LOVOVOVOVOVOVE sugar. Candy, soda, ice cream, juice, chocolate... you name it. And while I was pregnant with Summer girl - I was a bad girl. Gave in to every little desire. And now, sugar has its sweet, little talons embedded deeply in me... and I'm hooked.
SO, I'm giving it up. For a month. Mostly to break my habit, but also to see if it will help me lose these last 10-12 lbs of baby weight. I know it probably will make some difference in my weight, but even if it doesn't, I know it'll be good for me to not depend on it so much for happiness throughout the day. Goll, I love sugar.
Trav's doing it with me (right, babe?). Anyone else want to join?? I need mucho accountability. MUCHO.
----------------
Post script: NO SUGAR means this: all natural sugars are A-OK. The foods I am going to avoid are:
- soda/juice (except OJ - I love OJ and NEED it in the morning)
- cookies
- candy
- candy bars (aka chocolate)
- any type of dessert, basically
- doughnuts
- etc. you get my drift.





14 comments:
Gosh, I feel like I should do it with you Jenny...I'm so bad when it comes to sweets as well. Since I'm pregnant I really probably should do it because I'm sure this baby does not need all the sugar I am giving her but I just don't know if I can do it. Let me think about it tonight and I'll let you know if I am on board with you for the month :)
Good for you! I gave up sugar for 4 years (I still wonder where I got the will power from...and how I get it back!?!) and I lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks! Good luck, you can do it!
For FOUR YEARS???? Ya, I'd like to know where that willpower comes from too!! :-) Did you ever fudge at all?
Jenny, I will join you in the sugar fast. I will start by fasting every night, from 10 pm- 6 am. If that goes well, I will expand the time frame. -- Dad
Dear Jenny, I'm not sure if we can be friends any more. (at least for the month of may)
Love,
Your sugar-addicted friend who would be an awful influence on such a wonderful goal! :-)
Ps. I will have my husband keep an eye in Travis for you! Haha! He's gonna regret that friendship! :-)
I'm in. I am going to have a slice of birthday cake this week though :)
This would not work for me because giving up sugar means giving up Starbucks and I am not prepared for that kind of sacrifice!!! :) However, I applaud you (it's a really good thing to give things up temporarily (yes, even Starbucks, which I HAVE done successfully multiple times!) for lots of reasons. The benefits are physical, mental, emotional AND spiritual (methinks self-control is one of the lesser respected fruit of the spirit in our culture)! Oh, and if you really want accountability, I'm your woman. I am the friend who will ANNOY THE HECK OUT OF YOU by asking how your sugar fast is going every.time.i.see.you.until.you.tell.me.to.stop. Yep, that's me!!!
Welllll...I maybe cheated a little :o) I mean, Halloween candy is just too tempting!
I'm in. I know it is right and good but I've never been able to totally abstain from it before so I'm a little nervous saying I'm in but I want to try anyways. And I need accountability too!!!
When you say "no sugar," what does that mean exactly? Sugar is in most everything we eat - bread, salad dressings, condiments,sauces, etc. Are you just giving up desserts you mean? If you are truly going "no sugar" that's a lot more in depth and drastic. Be a bit careful...when I went cold turkey on sugar, I came down with a horrible migraine for 2days straight. Your body will be in shock. Good luck though! This will be a good thing!
Sarah S.
Right on, Jenny! I think I'll be (mostly) joining you on this one. With the exception of my birthday coming up, I'm going to really cut back on sugary treats, and I'll be trying to replace them with vegetables. Oh yikes. :)
are you allowed to use agave nectar? Maybe a way is to eat natural sugar in the form of wonderful in season fruits and berries.
Trying to do that with you while I'm still pregnant might just kill me...as I just downed a Wendy's frosty.
EEEEEK. Sounds really hard to this chocolate-loving sweet-tooth girl. :) But I applaud your decision! Great job! And... I will be thinking about it myself. I really have considered going off sugar, so maybe this would be a good opportunity. Could you possibly post weekly updates and tips on how you are doing it?
Post a Comment