Week 1: Sooo... I did it. I survived the first week.
Confessions: But, a small confession first: I ate some chocolate yesterday -- because it was Mother's Day, and I'm a mother x2, Darn It!
Other than that small slip up, I'm clean.
Observations: This is hard. Period. Dot. Exclamation point. I'm realizing how much sugar I really was eating, by the quantity of food I'm eating less (does that sentence make sense?). For example, after the girls go down, I crave sugar. Now, I'm snackless. Sure, I could make popcorn or pull out some fruit, but I don't want salty or fresh! I want SUGAR. And if I can't have sugar, I'll just not eat. Snacks, that is. I'm still eating meals.
Feelings: I'm still thinking this is a good idea for me, no matter how hard. I know I have an end in sight (21 days, to be exact), and I know that sugar is totally in my future. I know that I can enjoy it in moderation and sugar is not going to kill me. But, I also know that I have some self-control and learning to do. Thus, my sugar fast.
Weight loss/gain: 0 lbs. I thought I lost 2 lbs. but then after yesterday, I was back to my pre-sugar fast weight. I fluctuate.
What I miss the most: SODA. I love soda. I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT. One can of soda can totally fix my sugar desire.
How are all YOU doing, those who joined with me???




10 comments:
I thought that you should know...
I ate two Oreos a few Whoppers while reading your post. :)
You stink.
mmm. i know. it was totally on accident. i thought that it was a bit ironic though and figured you'd like to know :) did you know i've cut out soda since....Dec. wow, that's a long time. I've pretty much cut it completely and I don't even think twice when out at places like in n out. i always get water. weird...
Ummm... my neighbor JUST knocked on my door (at 9:20 pm) and handed me a plate of homemade cookies. Uhhhhhh.... WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!
haha! i'm laughing at your last comment, jenny! so funny! freeze them! stick them straight in the freezer and they won't sound as tempting to you. but you can always pull one out at a time and thaw for bella for a snack. :-)
hey- i told you about my dr. pepper on my mother's day lunch! i miss soda too! :-( but i think i've been drinking enough sweet tea to make up for it, though. :-) (made with splenda, does that make it better?) :-)
The snacking thing is hard for me too. I just had my birthday party and I have a billion mini cupcakes leftover. I'm going to make Ed take them to work tomorrow cuz it's killing me to have them here.
I cut soda a few years ago, but the place I worked at ALWAYS had TONS of soda leftover from catered events. My boss and I were both trying to quit, so when we really craved soda, we'd grab a can and one of those mini coffee stirrer straws and take a couple swigs through those, and then we'd dump the rest down the sink. It was just enough to get that caffeinated bubbly boost we needed.
Wow, way to go Jenny!
I really should join you on this no sugar journey... I am up 15 lbs (at my last apt, which was last monday) and I still have 19 weeks to go! Yikes!
At this point I honestly don't know if I could do it... But if I could, I probably would benefit from it (and baby too).
Keep up the good work Jenny. You are my inspiration... (for someday)!
Mega kudos to you for sticking out this no sugar thing. I was feeling weird [chest pains, heavy chest, etc...] so I went to the dr. and explained my symptoms. After much questioning about my diet, he thinks it may be a blood sugar problem due to the fact that I am basically a sweet tea addict. [!!!]
So, I'm supposed to be off sugar and refined white flour. I have fallen off the band wagon a few times but have done pretty good. And I've lost a few pounds, too boot! So that's awesome!
Keep it up! I'm cheering for you! :)
I haven't been going 100% non-sugar, but I am definitely using as a guideline. I am doing very well with it and finding this to be very helpful as to energy levels.
After being diagnosed with diabetes, the first thing I did was stop drinking sodas. Then I gave up sweets (I wasn't eating them as much as I used to anyway). Lost 30 lbs. Been stable right now, but really do need to lose 50 more lbs. UGH!!! Then maybe I can get off my meds or cut down. Anyway, one of my favorite snacks is sugar free fudgsicles. Get my chocolate and they still taste good. It's hard to give up sugar altogether. I've also been drinking diet cranberry juice with soda water (Noonie gave me that idea). Well, anyway, good for you. I wish I would have been a healthier eater when I was younger...maybe I wouldn't have diabetes, but you never know.
Post a Comment