2. The Children's Place is having a great sale right now. $10 for kids jeans - the kind with the elastic-button-expandable waistband, too (the best kind). I bought Bella two pairs for this upcoming winter. And I had to seriously chop off both my hands to not buy every other ADORABLE piece of clothing for my girls.
3. Our time here is coming to an end, and fast!! On one hand, I'm anxious to get back to our own home, our own comfy bed, the girls in their own room, to my sewing machine... but on the other hand, I'm not ready to never see my husband anymore. That makes me quite sad, in fact, and in that case, I've decided I'd like to stay here indefinitely.
4. I've been reading and knitting like a fiend. Both things I adore. My sweater (remember? I started it a year and a half ago - literally??) is nearing its finish! I'm still loving it, thank goodness!
![]() |
| The body is done! Just working on the sleeves now... |
6. The race-people sent us some pictures from our race a month ago. I'd like to point out this muscley-looking leg of mine:
I'd like to point it out, because I think they may have edited that in. When I look in the mirror, I see no such muscle. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that I haven't run since our race. Maybe...
7. And because we all love a good Bella story (and maybe because they happen way too often), I'll end with our most recent embarrassing episode:
We treated ourselves to Red Robin Sunday evening after Trav finished writing a paper. While waiting to be served our food, the manager came walking around to everyone's table, checking how things were. When she reached our table, this reasonably large, black lady drooled over Summer and Bella.
How are y'all???
Oh heavens! They are TOO cute!!
What's y'all's names??
I love those curls, honey!!
Too sweet!!!
Of course, Bella didn't want to talk/look/respond/acknowledge the manager. After some threatening coaxing, we finally got Bella to tell the lady her name and say thank you for the copious compliments heaped upon her. After a few minutes more of courteous conversation, she was fixin' to move on. That's when Bella interjected.
Um, excuse me, lady?
Yes, Sugar?
You have BERY big boobies.
Etiquette. Our next objective in parenting Bella will now be social etiquette.






11 comments:
Oh, Jenny!! I'm so thankful that you've enjoyed your time down there. I wish you didn't have to go back to real life either!
Children's place jeans are my favorite, too! I just bought some for Hannah & Andrew (Luke is well supplied) Hope you had a coupon....
You have to love Bella stories!! So, did you say anything to Bella after the fact? :)
Love the sweater! Knitting something like that intimidates me. But I am going to try for a hat. We'll see how it goes :-)
And oh my goodness, Bella is a card!
Okay, I was sort of having a bad day until I read Bella's comment. That is hilarious.
Bella, you say the silliest things, and I love it !
The sweater is looking good, and your girl is hiliarious!
Your legs look awesome! I hope mine look that good when I run my 10K in a few weeks!
Your mention of Children's Place again brought me back to our time at SOS...good shopping there! And I do remember that feeling of nearing the end, my hubby was due to leave on his first deployment a mere month after we got home.
Bella is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh!
Oh how I love a good Bella story too. So honest, so blunt - makes me want to squeeze her!
Great legs, Jen! I think you underestimate your stellar figure :) Bella's comments make me LOL... thanks for sharing the 'realities' through the eyes of babes! xo
I love Bella! I hope she says things like that while she's here :)
i like the word muscley-looking...
Oh, my, Bella. Funny girl. You look great, Jenny. I have a lot of catching up to do. Never mind. I'll just start walking so I can WALK next month to End Alzheimer's. Thanks for sharing your "randoms". hugs
Post a Comment