Sunday, October 23, 2011

so, i met a guy...

... and he gave me a tremendous gift.


This guy's name is Tray.  Tray Berry.  He is a stay-at-home dad to three great kids.  His wife is an active-duty airman, whose family we met and befriended down in Alabama.  During one of our many chats whilst at the park, he reveals that he loves photography.


In fact, just before he moved to Alabama for the six weeks, he stopped receiving clients.  He was too busy with homeschooling his children and shooting photos for charity with his church, friends and family.  He wanted to love photography and not be burnt out by it.


He offered to take my girls and I for a walk one afternoon and capture some moments for us.  Just for fun, because I love doing it, he said.  For free, because you're friends.  Sounded like fun.  I had no idea...

... the talent.
... the beauty.
... the magic.

All photo credits to
Tray Berry

Like I said, a tremendous gift.  If you want to see the rest of the shoot, click over to his blog here.

10 comments:

Dina M said...

Wow! What great pictures! I checked out his website and loved those shots too!

Amanda B. said...

What a blessing! The photos are beautiful!

Carrie Haughey said...

Jenny, they are gorgeous!!! I looked at the full shoot, so wish I lived nearby because I would beg him for a family shoot!!! Our recent studio family shoot didn't turn out near as fabulous as this did! You and your girls are beautiful! Love Bella's wary pout, Evelyn has a similar look :)

Emily Takes Photos said...

So cute! Looks like you girls had fun!

Kate said...

seriously every time i look at these, and yes, it has been quite a few times, i start to tear up. he captured you all so perfectly it makes me ache to be near you all. the photos are so perfect i can nearly hear bella's high pitched chatter and spunky laughter and your beautiful voice and almost smell summer's sweet newness. love you!

Brittany said...

Those are beautiful Jenny! What a gift indeed :)

Erika said...

The pictures are BEAUTIFUL!! When I saw them on facebook, I assumed you paid big bucks for them because they were so amazing! What a wonderful gift!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny, what a treasure to keep of your sweet, little girls. They are precious and your friend did a wonderful job capturing their personalities and of course, your beautiful face. Love you, Nana

Lou Ann said...

These are all so beautiful!! what a treasure!

Betty said...

Very cool, Jenny. He was able to capture some very natural and artistic photos... what a treasure!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...