Thursday, November 3, 2011

quotations

I love quotes.  I've always desired to start a quotation book - you know, one that is well-loved; with the binding held in place by strings; uneven, tattered pages... full of quotes from all my "extensive" reading.  J


I read a verse that seems perfect for above our television... or my computer (as I spend waaay more time on the 'puter than the tv).  I'd love to paint it (if I had the talent) or maybe cross-stitch??


"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
   and give me life in your ways."
Psalm 119:37

Quite convicting and encouraging at the same time, wouldn't you agree?
-------------------------------

As Trav was working last night, I was too - panning pinterest.  It truly is such an addicting site.  Addicting - and genius, all the same!  

Very true.  Very, very true.


I had to call Trav over from studying when I read this.
We both snickered a good deal.
Ohhh... awkward moments are the best.
Especially when acknowledged.
 J

And, my absolute favorite.
This needs to be blown up...
and maybe grace the "above the mantel" part of my house.
Never mind I have no mantel.
Truth and freedom need be proclaimed.
J

2 comments:

donnasue said...

Hi sweets,
I know exactly. Thus my white board on the kitchen wall. Full of great quotes from the current book or just finished one. When I get them into a little notebook then they can be erased, but until then they can be read and treasured by all who swing by for a cup of coffee.

Kate said...

one of my favorites is "Good Moms have sticky floors, dirty ovens, and happy kids". makes me smile. :)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...