When it comes to the girls, I know very much how Bella feels about her Daddy. She adores him, misses him, "loves him most over all" (and I quote). Summer, understandably, gets left behind in the dust. After all, she doesn't speak yet, she's only 13 months and can't possibly miss Travis as much as Bells and I do.
WRONG.
From the moment he walked in that door, she SHOT out of my arms, waddled her little body over to him as fast as she could muster, little arms outstretched and yelled, "DADADADADADA!!" Then she stayed like this for the next half-hour.
Summer, are you happy Daddy's home??
And when he left to go back to his Jeep to grab his bags, she broke into fitful tears as he walked out that door. It opened my eyes to see, wow, even babies know when there's someone missing. Every family member is important, no matter how small or big. When you're a family, you're meant to be together.
Of course, I woke up Saturday morning with an awful head cold. Nevertheless, we filled the weekend with lots of wrestling matches, bear hunts, yummy breakfasts (Daddy's the breakfast-maker around here), book readings, & canoodling.
He leaves again this afternoon, but what a lovely respite this weekend was. Unexpected gifts are the best of all.






4 comments:
I love this! What a good man to come home, even just for a little while. Breaks my heart for your little girls this afternoon. This certainly is a hard life.
That was precious. It's amazing how much little ones pick on! I'm glad you could have that time together.
Your little squishy looks so soft and squishy. I just want to hug her. And what a marvelous surprise. :) p.s. i'm 1/4 into This is My Words and I LOVE it. You should be a book critic. You can have an award made that you present, a gold stamp and create the Jenny Book Club. Watch out Opera. I see a big future in this for you...
made me cry. i love your family.
Post a Comment