Saturday, April 14, 2012

a date with a twist

Honey-Buns came home last night.  The girls and I welcomed him with smiles, hugs, and lots of "Hiiii Daddy!!"'s.  Because of the lack of naps yesterday, the girls also went to be early (i.e. 5:45 and 7 p.m.).  The aforementioned storm was building in the distant clouds, so Honey-Buns and I decided to head up on our roof and watch it all grow.


I always love stepping out our bedroom window onto the roof... not that it happens often.  The roof is freeing place.  One where you can almost seem above the troubles of "real" life.




We spent a good 45-minutes up there... watching the storm cell build... the clouds bustle together and turn whiter as the wind blew them by.  It was beautiful being with my Honey-Buns, our girls tucked away in their beds, the promise of a storm later that evening.



Anyways, we got down, crept back through our window and were about to head downstairs to finish Downton Abbey, Season 2.  But, Trav spied something under the girls' door.  Light.  Did you leave a light on, Jen, when you put Bella to bed?  Nooo....


And this is what we found... two little girls, reading in their beds, with the light on.

"Bella?  What's going on?"

"I just turned the light on so we could read."


"But Summer was sleeping."

"Ya, I turned the light on so I could see Summer.  And so we could read."


The culprit.
The prior-sleeping accomplice.
Honey-Buns took Bella out of the room to show her the clouds... and so Summer could re-fall asleep.


It really was a nice, stay-at-home date... Honey-Buns makes home so nice.

By the way, I'm posting this from our basement as we ride out the storm... it's pretty fierce outside.  And pretty snuggly down below.

2 comments:

Janet said...

thinking of you and praying for you during the storm, hugs

Jay T said...

This post is just oh-so-sweet in several ways! And the pictures are great :)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...