![]() |
| scrap dress, super-hero capes, appliqued onesies |
I have WAAAY too many friends that own sewing machines, but don't know how to use them. I'm thinking of hosting a Sewing: 101 class at my house for such friends. Teach them the basics: how to thread a machine, spin a bobbin, sew a straight seam, etc. Sewing can be such an outlet for creativity and then, when one becomes more adept, it actually is helpful in saving money (making gifts instead of buying!) and a very rewarding art.
What do you think? Would you come if I hosted such an event?





15 comments:
Come back here and I'd take a class! Such a great idea!
I WANT TO COME! and I WANT TO SEW sew badly :) i have lots of babies being born too, and axel will have to wait for his blankie until later this summer...once school is done, i think i might take a whole weekend or a few days and just sew....it really is my favorite hobby i think, but i just don't get to do it often enough. remember our quilt themed room in college??
I did something like this a few weeks ago; it really helped to have a pattern for everyone (I just made mine with tissue paper) and then lots of scraps to practice on!
Rachel, of course I remember our quilt-themed room!! Who else would have done that with me?? :)
Emily, I want deets!!
Mallory - I wish I could be out there and do it... so much fun!
How many hours to get to your house? 12? It would almost be worth it!! I own a machine, but can count on one hand the number of times I've used it.
I would attend, but I am on the east coast! Heather...are you on the east coast, maybe we can carpool! That is awesome you want to take your time and share your craft.
I'd love to come if I lived closer!! Great idea! :)
I agree, great idea, and I would definitely attend if I lived in your vicinity!
Oh yes, please host one!! And since no one has said it already.....please, please PLEASE SKYPE it so we all can attend! :D I'll even run out and buy a sewing machine (or find a thrifty one more likely) as I've been wanting to learn some of the basics.....
If I lived anywhere near you I would totally take that class...Nevada is kind of a far commute though. Ooo the skype idea is grand though!
Please Skype it!!! I'll be there!
Umm, the Skype idea is brilliant! Dan got me a sewing machine for my birthday last year and it has been used a total of once...and not by me. Please help!
I want to come I want to come!!!! xxxjoy
do it jenny!! you'll do great! i really like the scrap dress. so cute! and i love those onesies, did you use a website with templets?
I would come if you did sewing 101! That would be fantastic! Also, where do you get your machine serviced? I mine is making some funny sounds, and I think it needs a little tlc. If you know of a good place, that would be great. All I know about is the Singer place, and mine isn't a Singer!
Thanks!
kendi
Post a Comment