Thursday, August 30, 2012

my mantra

(Never mind my husband and our lawyer neighbor chatting about work)

As the mornings grow cooler with each passing day, my mantra remains:
Please don't go, summer.  Stay with me forever.

It will soon be fall, as all the children marching off to school remind us.  Fall is good, but summer is better.  For fall tells of winter.  And winter, well... it's the opposite of summer.  It's bleak, frigid, cabin-fever, freezing, dark, long, cold, empty, lonely, BRRR!!!

But summer... summer is warmth, dancing outside, sprinklers, pool, tans, shorts, picnics, vacations, freckles, hot evenings, family walks after supper, worn-out kiddos, FUN.

And summer is exactly what we relished after supper tonight.  Summer is what memories are made of.










Sweaty, salty-skinned, summer-lovin' sweeties send salutations!!

1 comment:

Dacia said...

last night was such a beautiful night! we did the same thing. wish we were neighbors. :-( I LOVE your posts about summertime! You know I feel the EXACT same way. Not many people do it seems. Everyone around me is getting sooooo excited about Fall as I cling to my flip flops and tank tops and stamp my feet refusing (once again) to head into Fall without kicking and screaming. I hate it how you never know when your last pool day is. One day it's 105 and you can do nothing but the pool and then suddenly-bam- too cool for the pool. I am hoping for just oooone more hot day so I can get my girls back out there to swim! i agree with you whole heartedly. All fall does is remind me that winter's coming. With each cool breeze, it's just one day closer to the cold. :-( can't wait to hang out with y'all this weekend! :-)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...