Nothing phenomenal going on 'round these parts. Just two sweet girls. Often, my heart feels overflowing with the deepest kind of love when I stare at these two faces. A wonder that I'm allowed to be a mother. Their mama.
And then the little one in my belly. I've felt *her* kick sporadically the past few days. So faint, I wonder if it's her... but after two other babies, I know it probably is. And I pat her and say a quiet hello to my little girl, or guy. At this point, I guess it's easier to imagine another little lady joining us. But, honestly, I have no other inklings as to who this little one will be. A perfect surprise, that's who.
And Bella snapped this picture of my belly. Thankfully, she cut out my face, which hasn't showered recently, and has seen the same pair of pants (and t-shirt) for the past 3 days. Let's face it: it's winter; I'm pasty-white; clothes don't fit; and I just want to eat any assortments of breads and butter throughout the day. And that's the conclusion of how I feel about how I look. Such like a woman, I know.







3 comments:
It's amazing how when I see a pregnant lady I'm all "oh look at how adorable she is! what a miracle!" and then when I see myself all I can think is "blech". Oh womanly brains how annoying you can be!
Oh Jenny, you look so darling! And what a treat to be able to indulge a bit this Christmas season! I am definitely missing that this year. :)
loved reading this post, thanks j
Post a Comment