After being in the same spot in life for what seems like quite an eternity, things are beginning to move and change around here! And rather quickly. Of course, that is life. As I wrap my head around what the next six months entail, I can begin to hyperventilate and swoon, but mostly, I am excited and ready for some change.
1. NEW ASSIGNMENT
We received news, about two weeks ago, that we are moving on from the Midwest!! Travis received orders to Florida for our next assignment and we are nothing but thrilled. Of course, California and Colorado have always been top wishes for us (due to family location), but those two places weren't looking promising. So my next request was just somewhere out of the midwest, preferably on a coast. Of course, as a cold-weather-hater, I am simply happy knowing I can get rid of some coats and hats within these next few years.
From what we've heard, Trav's new flying job is apparently a dream. Knowing that he'll be happy and less stressed is a dream for me. We can't stop thanking God for the change and pray that it'll be so beneficial for our marriage and our family.
But, we've a road ahead of us! Last time we moved, I was five months pregnant with Bella! Five years later, we have two daughters and one baby on the way. LOTS MORE CRAPOLA, to put it lightly. We need to find a place to live, Trav will go through training, and we will move all before March. Lots to do.
2. A MASTERS DEGREE
Travis has been slowly plugging away at the dreaded, but required, Master's degree ever since Fall 2009. He is in his second to last class right now, and was on a time line to finish up by March 2013. But, because of our impending move and his training, we'll have to delay it by a few more months. Nevertheless, we're in the home stretch and when that blessed day comes when he's Master's complete, life will be so so SO beautiful!
3. THE BABY
And of course, the third baby will be coming in May. We're hoping to be settled in a home/townhouse/apartment with Master's completed by the time this little one shows up. That's our goal, but we'll see how it all pans out. We've decided to keep the sex of the baby a surprise (always a wish of mine), and the anticipation makes me giddy.
1. NEW ASSIGNMENT
We received news, about two weeks ago, that we are moving on from the Midwest!! Travis received orders to Florida for our next assignment and we are nothing but thrilled. Of course, California and Colorado have always been top wishes for us (due to family location), but those two places weren't looking promising. So my next request was just somewhere out of the midwest, preferably on a coast. Of course, as a cold-weather-hater, I am simply happy knowing I can get rid of some coats and hats within these next few years.
From what we've heard, Trav's new flying job is apparently a dream. Knowing that he'll be happy and less stressed is a dream for me. We can't stop thanking God for the change and pray that it'll be so beneficial for our marriage and our family.
But, we've a road ahead of us! Last time we moved, I was five months pregnant with Bella! Five years later, we have two daughters and one baby on the way. LOTS MORE CRAPOLA, to put it lightly. We need to find a place to live, Trav will go through training, and we will move all before March. Lots to do.
2. A MASTERS DEGREE
Travis has been slowly plugging away at the dreaded, but required, Master's degree ever since Fall 2009. He is in his second to last class right now, and was on a time line to finish up by March 2013. But, because of our impending move and his training, we'll have to delay it by a few more months. Nevertheless, we're in the home stretch and when that blessed day comes when he's Master's complete, life will be so so SO beautiful!
3. THE BABY
And of course, the third baby will be coming in May. We're hoping to be settled in a home/townhouse/apartment with Master's completed by the time this little one shows up. That's our goal, but we'll see how it all pans out. We've decided to keep the sex of the baby a surprise (always a wish of mine), and the anticipation makes me giddy.
+++++
Lots of change on the horizon. I'm happy. I'm ready. Lots to rely upon the Lord for. Of course, as I drive around this town that's been our home for nearly five years and run into familiar faces everywhere, I know I will miss this place. This place that has been the home of many difficult years for our marriage and family, has also been a place of great growth and the birthplace of our daughters. There are precious people here, and sweet memories. Yet, I sense I truly am an AF wife, because the itch has begun and I'm ready for new adventures. Into the wild, blue yonder...







7 comments:
So exciting!!! Which base (you can email me if you don't want to put it on here)? We were stationed at Hurlburt Field from 2007-2010 and both girls were born at Eglin. We are anxiously awaiting our assignment news...but probably will have to wait until January. Hooray for all of your upcoming adventures!
I am so excited to hear and follow your new adventure :).
Oh my you are quite the woman. I don't have the patience to leave our babies gender unknown! How exciting though! I am terribly curious though so you'll have to let us know if you have inklings along the way.
Karisa, I can't find your email address... but I'll just say, it isn't those two. :)
What an exciting time for your family!!! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures in the future!
Oh boy, that likely itinerary makes me sweat to think about, but I know you are going to handle it with grace, honesty and humor, as per usual. :)
So very happy for you, Jenny! Praying the change of scenery will be wonderful for all. Bring on the sun!!!
Love,
A. Laurie
Post a Comment