Ahhhh... this Monday feels like a breath of fresh air! Last week was one full of sickness and jammies and LONG (think: midnight) nights for my husband, so that by Friday afternoon, I was about to have a huge breakdown. I texted Trav, knowing full well he probably wouldn't respond (he rarely gets to use his phone at work), and lo and behold, he walked through the door at 1:30 p.m.!! Done for THE DAY! It was the biggest gift he could have given me - I wept on the spot.
Needless to say, this week looks much brighter. And there is much fun cooking/baking to be done! Yes, I, Jenny, am enjoying cooking/baking more and more these days. I think this is due to a couple factors:
(1) I am learning more about what I/my family likes to eat, and how to make it. It feels good to make a delicious meal enjoyed by all.
(2) My family is growing and the children are older and able to eat all that Trav and I do. It is an accomplishing feat to provide and feed.
(3) Being pregnant, I LOVE to eat. And I'm not counting the calories. Which makes butter and salt and breads and yummies sooo much fun to make.
Without further ado, I present a couple of recipes I am using for this year's Thanksgiving. I give all my thanks to Pinterest. (Links are in the titles)
Last year was my first year making a turkey. I used this recipe to brine/bake it. It was divine, to say the least. I'm gearing up to repeat this year. It takes some prep the days before, but is not difficult and the turkey is beyond moist and flavorful. FANTASTIC.
This are sinful. But I can't go back. I rarely make mashed potatoes, but when I do, I have to use this recipe. Because once you've tasted HEAVEN ON EARTH, you simply can't regress. These are a MUST on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I'm not a pie fan. Or anything pumpkin flavored fan. So, Thanksgiving deserts are always a bit disappointing. I always make a batch of cookies to have "for the children" (and Jenny). But, my husband LOVES LOVES LUUUUUURRRRVES pies. Especially Apple. My friend, Nikki, posted her "Best Apple Pie" recipe and it even sounded good to a pie-hater such as myself. I'm giving it a whirl this year.
So there you have it! I hope your menu is just as delish! And I hope your battle with the grocery store lines is over...
Needless to say, this week looks much brighter. And there is much fun cooking/baking to be done! Yes, I, Jenny, am enjoying cooking/baking more and more these days. I think this is due to a couple factors:
(1) I am learning more about what I/my family likes to eat, and how to make it. It feels good to make a delicious meal enjoyed by all.
(2) My family is growing and the children are older and able to eat all that Trav and I do. It is an accomplishing feat to provide and feed.
(3) Being pregnant, I LOVE to eat. And I'm not counting the calories. Which makes butter and salt and breads and yummies sooo much fun to make.
Without further ado, I present a couple of recipes I am using for this year's Thanksgiving. I give all my thanks to Pinterest. (Links are in the titles)
So there you have it! I hope your menu is just as delish! And I hope your battle with the grocery store lines is over...






2 comments:
I like cooking in general, although motivation is another story sometimes. However, a Thanksgiving turkey has ALWAYS intimidated me. Anyway, just thought you'd like to know I am trying your turkey recipe this year!! I just bought everything this morning for it. Any other tips I should know that aren't on the recipe?? I'm kinda nervous but excited to try it for the first time!! I bought an 11.5 lb. turkey...hoping it's enough for 7-8 adults.
I'm doing it too Shannon! :)
Post a Comment