Two things I feel deserve recommendations:
(1) The Honest Company. Have you heard of them? I had, but hadn't given them much thought, until my sister introduced me to their diapers while we were in California. While I'm not crazy into all the natural products and stuff, if given the chance to buy items with less "chemicals" and unknown ingredients in them, I will. Here's why we're now using Honest diapers:
- The patterns/designs on the diapers are adorable. To say that's what got me interested in the diapers is maybe shallow, but true. Can't beat looking at cute diapers, especially when you're changing up to 8x per day.
- When you buy a package of diapers, the company gives diapers to those in need. I like that concept.
- The Honest Company's website can explain this much better, but basically their diapers are a lot "cleaner" than ones you buy at the store.
- THEY DELIVER. As a mother of three children now, things are different. Mothering one and two children wasn't "easy", per se, but I still felt like I had down time. Doing errands wasn't too much of a trouble, etc. I would actually use "needing diapers" as an excuse to get out of the house and go to Target. Now?? Different. Having three makes me feel like a full-time mom. Like, really, this is my real life. There isn't down time. Errands aren't really "fun", anymore. I don't mean this to sound bad, it's just that three has bumped it all up a notch. I love it. It's full and I love my life. But, if someone's going to offer to deliver diapers to me?? LOVE it.
- They bundle. Meaning, I get 7 packs of diapers and 4 packs of wipes. Per month. Delivered. BAM. Mark that chore off my list.
Sooo... if you're diapering a child, make sure to check out this company. Of course, the website can explain more, etc., but I figured I'd help a sister out and pass along the goods! If you ARE going to order, do me a favor and order from this recommendation from me! It gives me some dollars off my next order!
(The diapers, if you're interested, seem similar in feel/weight/texture to Target brand diapers.)
(2) Can a Mother Forget? This sermon by Tim Keller was really poignant. If you ever struggle with knowing that God loves you, but not feeling it, this sermon might encourage you. I could go into a lot of detail sharing part of my story in this area, but right now, the babe is waking and the kids need me.
Just know that while I was cleaning my bathroom last night, I played this sermon and was moved by the beauty that is God's love for us. It's around 35 minutes and completely worth every minute.
(1) The Honest Company. Have you heard of them? I had, but hadn't given them much thought, until my sister introduced me to their diapers while we were in California. While I'm not crazy into all the natural products and stuff, if given the chance to buy items with less "chemicals" and unknown ingredients in them, I will. Here's why we're now using Honest diapers:
![]() |
| via www.honest.com |
- The patterns/designs on the diapers are adorable. To say that's what got me interested in the diapers is maybe shallow, but true. Can't beat looking at cute diapers, especially when you're changing up to 8x per day.
- When you buy a package of diapers, the company gives diapers to those in need. I like that concept.
- The Honest Company's website can explain this much better, but basically their diapers are a lot "cleaner" than ones you buy at the store.
- THEY DELIVER. As a mother of three children now, things are different. Mothering one and two children wasn't "easy", per se, but I still felt like I had down time. Doing errands wasn't too much of a trouble, etc. I would actually use "needing diapers" as an excuse to get out of the house and go to Target. Now?? Different. Having three makes me feel like a full-time mom. Like, really, this is my real life. There isn't down time. Errands aren't really "fun", anymore. I don't mean this to sound bad, it's just that three has bumped it all up a notch. I love it. It's full and I love my life. But, if someone's going to offer to deliver diapers to me?? LOVE it.
- They bundle. Meaning, I get 7 packs of diapers and 4 packs of wipes. Per month. Delivered. BAM. Mark that chore off my list.
Sooo... if you're diapering a child, make sure to check out this company. Of course, the website can explain more, etc., but I figured I'd help a sister out and pass along the goods! If you ARE going to order, do me a favor and order from this recommendation from me! It gives me some dollars off my next order!
(The diapers, if you're interested, seem similar in feel/weight/texture to Target brand diapers.)
(2) Can a Mother Forget? This sermon by Tim Keller was really poignant. If you ever struggle with knowing that God loves you, but not feeling it, this sermon might encourage you. I could go into a lot of detail sharing part of my story in this area, but right now, the babe is waking and the kids need me.
Just know that while I was cleaning my bathroom last night, I played this sermon and was moved by the beauty that is God's love for us. It's around 35 minutes and completely worth every minute.







4 comments:
Two great recommendations! My husband loves Tim Keller and we've read/heard some of his stuff. He has a great book on marriage that we read together.
As for diapers, those sound great. I use cloth 90% of the time...I thought you use cloth too? Maybe not so much anymore?
Anyway, thanks for sharing Jenny. I love reading your blog!
-Amber K.
Amber,
We did cloth diapers for a time with Summer, in hopes to clear her awful diaper rashes that she would get. It helped, but I never got to the point where I "liked" cloth diapering. I much prefer disposable. We still have all our cloth ones, but of course they're all pinks and reds and pretty... and Travis just can't bring himself to put those on his son. :-)
I recently signed up and received the "free" trial pack. I was a little put off that I had to pay $6 shipping for 10 wipes and only 7 diapers. I do like the product [especially the designs!], but feel like the price isn't great for the amount you're getting? Maybe I'm wrong. You didn't really talk about the price, and maybe for you, at this stage, convenience on this one trumps it? Would like your thoughts.
Hi Jenny, When you first posted the link to the sermon, I downloaded the podcast. Well, today I finally listened to it. I'm not big on listening to sermons outside of church, but I'm so glad I listened to this one. I loved hearing the Scripture unpacked like that, and want it to sink deep into my soul. Thanks for sharing! -Marcia
Post a Comment