My neighbor called me last night wondering if I wanted to accompany her garage sale-ing this morning. Yes, out here in the midwest, people begin their garage sales on Thursday and continue them through the weekend. Took me a while to wisen up to the fact that Saturday's are NOT the ideal day to go garage sale-ing.
Unfortunately, we didn't find any garage sales worthwhile, and as we were about to give up hope, we happened upon an Estate Sale. Both of us inexperienced in this type of sale-ing, we relied on "strength in numbers" and headed into the house.
Estate sales are AWESOME. Especially when you find them on the last day that it's going. Everything was 50% off the listed price, and the sales guy was begging us to offer him what we wanted to pay. I came away with some sweet loot!
1. Dresser: $45 $5
: needs some major TLC, but for $5, I thought it could make a fun summer project. I'm seeing either a future changing table or a buffet??
2. Side table: $50 $15
: with some paint, this will make a cute side table in our living room. I've been searching for one of these all over.
3. Bowls (on table): $10 $5: for a set of three vintage, milk glass mixing bowls, I found a steal of a deal!
4. Desert glasses: $2/piece $1/piece
: so glad I found these! Years ago, at a thrift store in Mississippi, I found two of the exact same glasses. Now, with a set of four, I can serve ice cream to our guests in true fashion.
5. Vintage lamp: $5 $2
: don't know quite what I'll do with this yet, but it has so much potential. Spray paint? Redo the shade? Or just leave it... I'm not sure. But, I loved the shape of the base.
TOTAL WORTH: $114.00
TOTAL SPENT: $29.50
Now, to explain to Trav what all these "treasures" are upon his arrival home from work....









5 comments:
ohohoh i so wish i was there to help you spruce everything up!! how fun! i love the lamp and the ice sundae glasses and the milk glass bowls and the dresser, oh wait, I love everything you got! Whoo hoo! Way to go J. :)
awesome! I miss garage sales. . .
I won't come and help you paint, but I can't wait to see what magic you will cast upon the treasures you just acquired. You are amazing! We hope you will have an awesome Mother's Day tomorrow. Love from both of us.
:)
Great deal, Jenny! Happy Mother's Day from Trav. :) I need to check out our neighborhood sales sometime. Just need to learn to utilize our space better. But great job. love
Oh Jenny, its too bad I didn't save our old end tables we had for so many years before we got rid of them and bought new ones for our living room. They were exactly like the one you bought for $5. Love your energy in looking for bargains. Papa would be proud of you. Hope your mother's day is behind you and that you are doing great now. Can't wait to see you and give you a big hug. Nana
Post a Comment