Hello friends.
I feel like I've been a blogger slacker lately. February has been a great month, filled with family and friends. On the flip side, I am sorely lagging in the following areas:
- cleaning
- meal planning
- returning phone calls/emails
- exercising
- spending time in the Word
Ugh. I feel as though the list is mountainous and I don't even know where to begin. In fact, I have begun the cleaning process quite a few times, but as soon as I do, the house is filthy again. And the meal planning... well, that's never been my area of forte. Returning phone calls/emails?? Oh... I just don't feel quite like talking when I have my few moments of silence. And don't even get me started on exercise... I know, I know. Lastly, I always want to spend more time with my Lord, but lately, my time with Him has been nonexistent. And I hate it.
So, that's a bit of my mind/life. Just keeping it real. Anyone else struggling with these areas?!?!?
On a lighter note, I mentioned February has been filled with friends... yes! My friend, Lindsey, is back in town for a couple weeks. Remember Allie, Bella's BFF? We've been enjoying many days with them and it has been splendid. Linds and I have to play referee between our 2 and 3-year old girls, but on the whole, we're loving our time.
And today the temps were in the 60's (Ahhh... bliss!) so we were able to bask in the sunlight while the girls played...
... and Jake ate sand. :-) Such a big boy! The last time I saw him he was only 5 weeks old.
Meanwhile, little Summer sat with us women on the porch, enjoying her first REAL sun-experience. Poor winter babies, they just get no warmth!! Anyhoo, yesterday Summer had her 2-month check up and she's now a whoppin' 10 lbs. 3 oz. and 22 in. long. She lands in the 28th percentile for weight, height, and head circumference. I love this sweetie-pie. Do I say that enough???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Oh Jenny, I hear you in ALL of those areas. These past couple of months I have just felt hopelessly behind, and I can't seem to find the motivation/energy to pull myself out of the slump. I'm hoping that perhaps the warmer weather and 2nd trimester will bring some motivation along - and maybe moving out of the newborn stage will help you too! But I am so very thankful for GRACE in times like these. Give yourself some of that, too :)
oh girl, i hear you on all accounts! especially the returning phone calls and emails. i just don't have much "me" time during the day and i really want to spend that time vegging and doing what i want to do and not taking care of "business"...even though some of that business i really enjoy...like returning phone calls. when it comes down to it, i'd rather just sit in silence. i'm glad i'm not the only one. :-)
ditto on the exercise and time with the Lord, oh and loathing the meal planning for sure! I started all things well at beginning of Dec but not looking so good now. However I made a pile of meal recipes and a grocery list for tomorrow so here's to movin on in all ways!
Uh huh....so with you on all those things! I get motivation on Mondays and then lose all motivation come Tuesday. It's so fun to hear Summer's 2 month stats...especially since Tristen just had his appt. yesterday too and he's huge compared to her!! Love your pics :)
Post a Comment