Monday, November 21, 2011

Vivianne

I read the news this morning that Vivianne doesn't have much time to live.

I sensed that prognosis when we had her husband for dinner a few weeks back.

But I heard it for reals today.  Maybe a month.  Maybe she'll make it to New Year's.



I was going to write about how I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of cloth diapering.
Or how I am excited/nervous about cooking my 1st turkey.
Or how I have too many crazy things to get done before family arrives.

But, in the grand scheme of things, all those things don't really seem that important.  Because...
I have my health.
I have my children.
I have my husband and family.
True, no one knows the day or time when Death will knock, but in the foreseeable future, I have all these blessings.

While my old neighbor and friend is clinging to every last second of life.  Clinging to the last moments to be with her almost-3-year old and almost-1-year old.  I can't help but reminisce about our conversations:
+ elation over finding out we both were pregnant -- then finding we were both having girls!
+ walks around the neighborhood
+ times at the park
+ b-b-qing together while our kids played outside

Life is so sweet.  And hard.  God, in this week of thanks, I thank you for life.  But more importantly, life in You, where there is no death.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

It pains my heart so much to read this. And that it's all happening right on the cusp of the holiday season. Oh those little babies....

Thanks for the update Jen, praying for them all today.

heather said...

Praying for her, her family, and you.

Amanda B. said...

Oh Jenny, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. We'll be praying for some sweet family time for her husband and children to enjoy.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...