Sunday, March 4, 2012

{un}Fortunately

L Unfortunately... my Gramma passed away a week and half ago.  Including Trav's grandfather's death, this was the fourth grandparent death within the last year for me.

J Fortunately, I was able to fly SOLO to California for three and a half days for the funeral. JJJ

L Unfortunately, the time was packed and much too short.

J Fortunately, the time was packed and absolutely what my tired-burnt-out-Mama's heart needed.  Three and a half days in the WARM SUN, with my some of my favorite people in the world, not on Mama duty = a miracle.
cousins

L Unfortunately, my Gramma had Alzheimer's disease and had been living in a home for the past seven years.  Her husband had just died three weeks before she did.

J Fortunately, she has ended the terrible battle that is Alzheimer's.

J Fortunately, her death brought about a surprise-for-me reunion with a side of the family that I rarely see.  There was lots of talking, laughing, playing of Charades, eating, and more connecting.
more cousins

J Fortunately, I'm back home with my babies and Babe.
J Fortunately, it's March, which means warm weather is just around the corner.
J Fortunately, my internet fast is nearing its end and I'll be joining y'all soon.

Fortunately, there are much more Fortunately's than Unfortunately's.

P.S. - I've missed you all.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

So good to have you back, Jen, and I can't tell you how great it was seeing and being with you. Thanks so much for coming out.

Love,
Aunt Laurie

Dacia said...

so sorry about your gramma, jen! i am so glad you were able to see all the positives from the situation. sure miss you (IRL) and online. :-)

heather said...

My grandma is deep into Alzheimer's disease... It's such a cruel disease. The woman I knew and loved so much has mostly all disappeared... I know it might sound terrible, but I hope she doesn't have to stay so much longer in this life...

Annelies said...

Dear Jenny, I am truly sorry about our loss, but for you Grandma it was a blessing. I know about those things. :( Really missed reading your updates on the children, Trav, and yourself. Hurry back!!! Lots of love to all of you!
PS: Lisa remarked today how impressed she was with Bella at Goey's funeral. So well behaved and polite, yet a bundle of joy to watch as she was having fun with Fibi. Big hug for Bella. And one for Summer, too!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...