Projects are a MUST when deployments are the thing. They give me something to do in the evenings... something to keep my mind busy and engaged. I've been making lots of changes in our little home. We painted the green wall to a nice, calm blue - which, as I've slowly learned - is a good color for a wall. Allows for more changes to be made when one decorates.
Decorating has never been my thing. I'm not an owner of an artsy eye. The internet is my sole inspiration. That, and creative/artsy friends. Some may call me creative. I call myself a copy-cat. And a person who just keeps going until I've got what I like... which may involve lots of "mistakes."
That said, here is my latest change: the "mantel" in our home. We don't have a fireplace, so I like to use the top of our entertainment center as a decorating spot. Previously here was a mirror and Easter decor. The above pic is what it looks like now. Here is where my inspiration sprung from:
The yarn-wrapped letters and painted ribbon: HERE
The yarn pom poms: HERE
(and old books from the thrift store have always been my go-to decor)
photos in a mason jar: HERE.
All in all, I like my new set up. I'll show more of another home project later this week. After I figure out how to hang things straightly without another to yell: to the left! No, more to the right! Now, UP an inch!









2 comments:
Hey dude! That's totally cute. I like!
Sounds like you need a laser level friend....it is so, so helpful for tasks like your framed music!
Post a Comment