Tuesday, October 9, 2012

here and there and everywhere!

This weekend, I traveled alone with Bella June.  Who knew she was such a great traveling partner??  Really, she was pleasant, compliant, conversational, funny, and a complete dear all around.  I loved the one-on-one time we were gifted with.  It was also really encouraging to get a glimpse into our future.  While the young years are sweet and precious, the babies DO grow up and become little people that can interact and engage.  What a joy.  Here are a few snapshots of our super fast, packed-with-family, wedding weekend!!

Can't beat this venue!
It was a lovely high-70's day in California.
Honestly, I feel a little depressed coming home to cold.

Sweet second-cousins.

Two of my favorite sets of blue eyes
(sister Kate and nephew Atticus)

Two of my favorite sets of hazel eyes
(Bella and sister Betsy...
and my dad's hand trying to make Bets laugh)

Lovely Nana and first-time bride, Aunt Betty!!
Such a gorgeous day... so happy for my Aunt and new Uncle!
Coming home to Travis and Summer is sweet.  Yet, I long to live near family... and in a lovely state, such as California.  I woke feeling a deep sadness and discontentedness.  I know feelings are fleeting and must be controlled... so I battle for a content heart and thankfulness for where I'm at and with those whom I live.  One day, whether in this life or the next, we'll all be together... and that will truly be wonderful!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What a gorgeous dress Bella got to wear...my goodness! And SO glad to hear your travel was pleasant, if not even FUN! This definitely makes me excited for future traveling with "bigger kids". :)

Love the pics of those familiar faces too, even though I know it's hard for you to live far away from them. :(

Mrs. Joyce said...

It was SUCH a magical day (weekend) having you and Bella be at my wedding. I have to admit that now I understand what it must be like to be "Cinderella"!!! Bella continually came up to me and tugged on my bride's dress all day to ask me endless questions... along with all the great/grand nieces. Now I know what I need to wear to be the 'princess' in their eyes, like I already am in my new husband's :) Bella was such a cutie and precious flower girl.

I love you dearly... see you next week again!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...